4 Secrets to Article Marketing:
Let's say you started up your own social enterprise, cause or activist campaign. The only way to succeed rather than fail is for you to promote it. You can do this by paying for advertisements or getting the same attention for free through article marketing.
To help you get started, here are 4 secrets.
- First, you must come up with a catchy title to promote your cause. Ever heard the line, “Curiosity killed the cat”, in this case, no one is going to get hurt. But could you just imagine what would happen if people would like to know more about your article just by reading the title? The title can be the hook that reels people in. It is also helpful to your Search Engine Rankings if you use keywords that people will search for. At the same time, you can mention the benefits of what reading your articles can do for them.
- Be careful about using click-baiting headlines as the mass media does. People do want long-form media also and you can be the difference in the world by not using their tactics. Although you may try to create headlines that use satire in order to attract, not just those that agree with your point of view. But also those in whom you want to facilitate change.
- Second, make sure that your article is well organized. Instead of just writing your article paragraph by paragraph, maximize the use of bullets or numbers to stress important points. This will make their reading experience a memorable one because they are able to remember it.
- Third, your articles have to be informative and not just impress the reader. You can do so by using simple words instead of using big ones by putting this in a way that the average person can understand. You may have had an experience at the hospital where the doctor told you of your condition using some medical term that sounds serious but in English simply means you have a stomach ache. We can all use a thesaurus or learn to use language that impresses but far better to get your message across using words that everyone can understand that affect change.
Once you finish writing the article, read it over and see if you understand it. Better yet, give this to someone and see what they say. If there are some concerns, edit it because although you may be an expert in this matter, your readers may not and the reason why they want to read it is to learn more about what you have to offer.
Don’t forget to check on your article to see if there is anything new you would like to add. This is where variety comes in as there are different ways of stressing a point when the bottom line is that you want people to visit your site.
You can get new information by joining and posting in online forums and blogs, such as Sleepless Dystopian. Some even put snippets in their articles. You should try to add something daily, or weekly if that is not possible, and don’t forget to put a link to your site.
- Lastly, each article has an article summary. Most websites require this so in just 3 or 5 sentences, get down to it and say what your article is all about and why should they spend their time reading the entire thing. If you don’t put any effort here, you may have already lost the opportunity to make it look interesting for the reader to find out more.
Promoting your site, cause or campaign through article marketing is very easy. You just have to follow the 4 secrets mentioned and then use this to your advantage. Again, you need to have a catchy title, make sure it is well organized and informative so people will be encouraged to visit your site.
If done properly, you will undoubtedly get more traffic which is what this form of advertising is all about.
Like what you read here? Check out my substack book project
Want more? More articles on digital marketing, SEO, and search engine marketing are below. Maybe some SEO hacking advice coming soon
Get Management Buy-in for Digital Marketing
Keyword and keyphrase optimisation
Programmatic Advertising with Consumer Insight
The changing digital economy
Changing the world with digital marketing
Digital Marketing what is it?
Understanding the internet; stepping into digital ecosystems
Do you have a marketable idea!?!
Managing Digital Marketing a Guide – 101 basic level – intro
You need a website or blog ideally!
Website Design Basics / Usability
Website Design Basics / Mobile Usability
Website Design Basics / Keyword analysis
Website Design Basics / Website optimisation
Any time for a POEM in your digital marketing strategic planning?
Search Engine Marketing & SEO
Content Marketing: it's important but is it still king?
Data Structure and SEO
Offsite optimisation and of signals about your website
Public Relations and Search Engine Optimisation: Friends or Foe
Blogging Advice for New Starters
What can Affiliate Marketing bring your business or cause?
4 Secrets to Article Marketing: Series Marketing Your Cause
9 Article Marketing Tips: Series Marketing Your Cause
A Return on Your Investment and More with Article Marketing: Series Marketing Your Cause
An Overview of the Concept behind RSS Feeds
Article Marketing Is Important: Series Marketing Your Cause
Article Marketing: It is Good to End With a Resource Box: Series Marketing Your Cause